Parental Guide for Windows 8 Users is just to help the parents to have a proper control of their computer usage. Windows 8 comes with some great built-in features which let the parents to control and monitor the activity of their childrens.Through this Parental Guide you will be able to do the following things.
- Control the Timing of their Computer Usage
- Control the Softwares they use.
- Control the websites they visit.
- Control the Apps they download
- Check the statistics of their Computer usage.
Before Starting, Please change the password of Administrator account of your laptop/computer and don't give it to your kids in any case.Create a New "Standard Account" as shown in below figure.
Now come back on previous page and click on "Allow/Block Specific Websites".Here you can allow or block specific websites by just entering the URL of the website and clicking on the button of allow/block.All these above features can help you to control the overall traffic over internet for Family safety.
- Set Time Allowance Using this feature, You can set the number of hours used by that local account. It will be Good if You set it to max 3 hours.Because more than that can be dangerous for Your kid.
- Curfew Using this feature You can set the fixed number of hours during which Your kid use the PC. This feature is more reliable to restrict to Your to fixed time.
Games and Windows Store Restriction
This Feature will let You too restrict the use of Computer Games in Your PC.It comes with two options.
- You can allow or block the Installed games on Your PC
- Set the allowed rating based on which the Computer games can be installed on the computer such as teens, mature etc.
App RestrictionsHere You can restrict the installed apps one by one. You can all the apps available here. It is better to check all the apps except those You don't your kid to use them.If any app is not available here than You may use the "Browse" feature.
View Activity Report:A user Activity report is generated where You can view certain facts and figures about the computer usage of the user such as apps he used, websites he visited and time he/she on the PC.This will provide You a better way to check the online activity of Your child.
This is the Simple Parental Guide Guide For Windows 8 using the built-in features of Windows 8. Keep Commenting us to make this more and more better.Keep visiting this page and ask Your queries without any ambiguity.